Back from the dead ...

... this blog not the Broncos

I have decided to revive 'The Sideline' blog mostly out of frustration. The platform I have to work with on the blue-turf.com website is very restrictive and does not allow me to present content in formats that I would like. Hopefully that will change someday ... but I've been waiting for those changes for over 2 years.

Anyway here are some photos from the first Boise State football scrimmage. Just a little something to hold fans over until the Bronco's second scrimmage ... which is later today :)


Boise State Bronco 2009 Spring Football - Images by Stanley Brewster

Comments

BroncoSaurus said…
Hey Stan,

I never knew this existed prior to this morning. Only found out about it because of the messages you left on BroncoBlue regarding the photos from the first scrimmage.

I like this site. In fact I bookmarked it. Nice!!/Kelly
bsyou said…
Thanks Kelly, I was just having fun with it and then I took over as publisher of BroncoBlue (now blue-turf)

I think this might have been the first Boise State blog (lol)

I think in the future though since I am the publisher of blue-turf this blog is going to be used more for the topic of sports photography which will still include a lot of stuff on the Broncos since the majority of everything I shoot is related to Boise State
bronco754 said…
Hey Stan I realize why you have your "seal" on all of your photos. But perhaps you might consider not placing it directly in the center of the photos. It makes it kind of difficult to actually see the photos. Just a suggestion.
bsyou said…
Bronco754 I agree I don't like the watermark in the center of this slideshow either but the slideshow and pictures are actually on my website www.foto208.com and being 'streamed here to the blog.

My problem is that the pictures are much larger on the website and if you click on one of the photos here it will take you to that picture on my website and you will see what I mean.

In fact the photos are so much bigger on the website I had to move the watermark from the lower corner to the center because I was having trouble with people do a screen grab of the large pictures on the website and then cropping out my watermark so they could use the pictures.

I have been told that the host I have my website with is working on the ability to scale the watermark for these slide shows and possible the ability to apply it differently rather than universally.

Until then I am stuck with this situation unless I use a different slideshow program and host it off site which I will probably do from time to time. In the meantime you can view the pics and a watermark free slideshow on foto208.com by just clicking on a photo here and once you are on the website click on "back to thumbnails' where you will be able to view all of the photos in the gallery one at a time or as a slide show.

Popular Posts